The rush of the mainland melts away here. Space to return back into yourself. Saturn’s Return is nestled in San Juan Island’s West Valley at the head of the Garrison Bay watershed, where forest, wetland, and pasture converge. Our stream is home to the island’s only native population of trout, just 10 feet from the Inn. Bald eagles, great horned owls, red foxes, fawns, and adorable little green frogs. These 42 acres are buzzing with life and all yours to explore.
Walk the meandering trails through forest and meadow. Gather eggs or join us for our morning harvest. Lend a hand in the flower garden or help us plant new fruit trees. Browse our food, agriculture, and philosophy library. Read by the babbling stream. Join a seasonal workshop (like spring foraging or autumn preservation). Catch a community dinner or guest chef residency.
- 42 acres: Flower, vegetable, and herb gardens. Young orchard and acres of pasture. Wetland, creek, and pond. 2 miles of walking trails through 22 acres of forest and meadow.
- Campus: Inn with bedrooms, living room, dining room, and sunroom. Arena (6400 ft²) for covered events. Barn, lofted classroom space, and stables. Workshop and laundry. Co-working office. Fast fiber internet.
- Proximity: Around the bend to English Camp National Historical Park and Young Hill. Short drive to Lime Kiln Point State Park and Deadman Bay — beautiful despite the name. Town is a 12-minute drive away.
- Buzz: Breakfast daily, and an array of self-serve snacks and provisions. If you wish, farm work: bees, chickens, flowers, herbs, vegetables, orchard. Seasonal workshops, community dinners, and guest chef residencies.
The Inn features several cozy rooms and spaces, full of fresh flowers and furnished with love. Add the island’s ample sunshine (we're in the Olympic Rain Shadow!) and healing ocean air, and it’s easy to get your best rest.
- The Deluxe King's floor-to-ceiling windows welcome in expansive views of West Valley, Young Hill, and the wetlands. Best enjoyed from the comfort of your organic Avocado King mattress and Coyuchi bed linens. The room features our largest en suite bathroom with a walk-in shower and organic Baina bath linens. Our favorite room for an indulgent getaway.
- The Deluxe Queen is in the heart of the original one-room schoolhouse, featuring its 1915 fireplace and Douglas fir floors. Enjoy views of Garrison Creek and our flower field from your organic Avocado Queen mattress, Coyuchi bed linens, and Fir Oak Farm wool duvet insert. Its private bathroom next door has a shower-bath, organic Baina bath linens, and bathrobes from Block Shop Textiles.
- The Queen bedroom with en suite bathroom features a comfortable bed with organic Coyuchi linens, a Fir Oak Farm wool duvet insert, and windows that let in birdsong and views of the farm or Garrison Creek. Its small en suite bathroom has a walk-in shower and organic Baina bath linens.
- The second-floor Double Full bedroom is perfect for friends or children, with two beds overlooking Garrison Creek, organic Coyuchi linens, and Fir Oak Farm wool duvet inserts. It shares a generous bathroom with the Queen bedroom next door, appointed with organic Baina bath linens and bathrobes from Block Shop Textiles. If your family or friends book both rooms as a suite, you'll have your own exterior entrance and private living room.
- The second-floor Queen bedroom with shared bathroom looks out over farm and forest. Catch golden sunlight through the south-facing window from your cozy bed with organic Coyuchi linens and a Fir Oak Farm wool duvet insert. It shares a generous bathroom with the Double Full bedroom next door, appointed with organic Baina bath linens and bathrobes from Block Shop Textiles. If your family or friends book both rooms as a suite, you'll have your own exterior entrance and private living room.
Amenities from real, high-integrity sources. Coyuchi organic bed linens. Baina organic bath linens. Fir Oak Farm wool duvet inserts from sheep down the road. Block Shop Textiles organic bathrobes. PlantPaper tree-free toilet paper. Sangre de Fruta organic toiletries from Bowen Island.
A daily expression of our islands’ seasonal bounty. Every room’s price includes ample, unrushed breakfast, coffee, and tea, along with an array of self-serve snacks and provisions. We believe in intertwining purpose and pleasure and source organically, regeneratively grown ingredients that burst with flavor:
- Eggs and vegetables (and flowers) from our land.
- Produce, mushrooms, meats, and cheeses from our farmer friends.
- Remarkable local yoghurt and granolas.
- Citrus, avocados, and olive oil from our favorite California farms.
- Sourdough breads and bagels from island-grown grains.
- Locally roasted coffee and herbal teas.
Field Office: Work from Farm
Field Office is a 4–5 weekday work retreat program at a 15% off discount. For those who want to let the wisdom and patience of this small Eden sink into their bones while pursuing a project or working remotely.
Workspaces: Our internet is blazing fast (100+ mbps), and the inn and grounds feature numerous useful workspaces: a desk in every bedroom, living room, sunroom, dining room, a few shut-able rooms for taking calls, outdoor chairs and shady tables, a large conference room with whiteboards and many chairs, and of course 42 acres with grasses, meadows, forest — sit down anywhere and get inspired.
Meals: Because dining out can be distracting during a long stay, Field Office guests can opt in to join group orders from the best restaurants and chefs on-island, priced and delivered at-cost to Saturn's Return for lunch and dinner.
Spend one of your workweeks just minutes away from amazing trail-runs, hikes, kayaks and paddleboards, meet other incredible people, join us in the garden to plant and harvest flowers and vegetables and learn about regenerative agriculture, and get some awesome work done. Please email us with any questions!
When you book 4 or more weeknights, you get 15% off: Book now