The rush of the mainland melts away here. Space to return back into yourself. Saturn’s Return is nestled in San Juan Island’s West Valley at the head of the Garrison Bay watershed, where forest, wetland, and pasture converge. Our stream is home to the island’s only native population of trout, just 10 feet from the Inn. Bald eagles, great horned owls, red foxes, fawns, and adorable little green frogs. These 42 acres are buzzing with life and all yours to explore.
Walk the meandering trails through forest and meadow. Gather eggs or join us for our morning harvest. Lend a hand in the flower garden or help us plant new fruit trees. Browse our food, agriculture, and philosophy library. Read by the babbling stream. Join a seasonal workshop (like spring foraging or autumn preservation). Catch a community dinner or guest chef residency.
- 42 acres: Flower, vegetable, and herb gardens. Young orchard and acres of pasture. Wetland, creek, and pond. 2 miles of walking trails through 22 acres of forest and meadow.
- Campus: Inn with bedrooms, living room, dining room, and sunroom. Arena (6400 ft²) for covered events. Barn, lofted classroom space, and stables. Workshop and laundry. Co-working office. Fast fiber internet.
- Proximity: Around the bend to English Camp National Historical Park and Young Hill. Short drive to Lime Kiln Point State Park and Deadman Bay — beautiful despite the name. Town is a 12-minute drive away.
- Buzz: Breakfast daily, and an array of self-serve snacks and provisions. If you wish, farm work: bees, chickens, flowers, herbs, vegetables, orchard. Seasonal workshops, community dinners, and guest chef residencies.
The Inn features several cozy rooms and spaces, full of fresh flowers and furnished with love. Add the island’s ample sunshine (we're in the Olympic Rain Shadow!) and healing ocean air, and it’s easy to get your best rest.
- The Deluxe King
• Floor-to-ceiling windows welcome in expansive views of West Valley, Young Hill, and the wetlands. Best enjoyed from the comfort of your organic Avocado King mattress and Coyuchi bed linens.
• A beautiful antique desk, a sofa chair, and our largest en suite bathroom with a walk-in shower and organic Baina bath linens.
• Our best room for an indulgent getaway.
- The Queen
• Comfortable queen bed with organic Coyuchi linens, a Fir Oak Farm wool duvet insert, and windows that let in birdsong and views of the farm or Garrison Creek.
• An antique desk, and small private, en-suite bathroom with a walk-in shower and organic Baina bath linens.
• Our core, cozy room type in the heart of the inn.
- The ADA Queen
• Appointed with organic Baina bath linens, its bathroom is wheelchair friendly, with standard accessibility features, and open to the bedroom.
• Comfortable queen bed with organic Coyuchi linens, a Fir Oak Farm wool duvet insert, and window. Located near our front entry, this room might not be the best fit for light sleepers.
- The Double Full Shared Bathroom
• Perfect for friends or children, with two beds overlooking Garrison Creek, organic Coyuchi linens, and Fir Oak Farm wool duvet inserts.
• It shares a large bathroom with the Queen bedroom next door, appointed with organic Baina bath linens and bathrobes from Block Shop Textiles.
- The Queen Shared Bathroom
• Catch golden sunlight through the south-facing window from your cozy bed with organic Coyuchi linens and a Fir Oak Farm wool duvet insert.
• It shares a large bathroom with the Double Full bedroom next door, appointed with organic Baina bath linens and bathrobes from Block Shop Textiles.
- The Family Suite
• If you book both rooms above, the Double SBR + Queen SBR, you'll get your own 2nd floor family suite with 2 rooms, 3 beds, private exterior entrance, and private living room.
Amenities from real, high-integrity sources. Coyuchi organic bed linens. Baina organic bath linens. Fir Oak Farm wool duvet inserts from sheep down the road. Block Shop Textiles organic bathrobes. PlantPaper tree-free toilet paper. Sangre de Fruta organic toiletries from Bowen Island.
A daily expression of our islands’ seasonal bounty. Every room’s price includes ample, unrushed breakfast, coffee, and tea, along with an array of self-serve snacks and provisions. We believe in intertwining purpose and pleasure and source organically, regeneratively grown ingredients that burst with flavor:
- Eggs and vegetables (and flowers) from our land.
- Produce, mushrooms, meats, and cheeses from our farmer friends.
- Remarkable local yoghurt and granolas.
- Citrus, avocados, and olive oil from our favorite California farms.
- Sourdough breads and bagels from island-grown grains.
- Locally roasted coffee and herbal teas.
Work from farm! Get the 15% off Field Office discount when you book 4 or more weekdays. For those who want to let the wisdom and patience of this small Eden sink into their bones while pursuing a project or working remotely.
Workspaces: Our internet is blazing fast (100+ mbps), and the inn and grounds feature numerous useful workspaces: a desk in every bedroom, living room, sunroom, dining room, a few shut-able rooms for taking calls, outdoor chairs and shady tables, a large conference room with whiteboards and many chairs, and of course 42 acres with grasses, meadows, forest — sit down anywhere and get inspired.
Spend a workweek minutes away from amazing trail-runs, hikes, kayaks and paddleboards, meet other guests, join us for a session in the garden to plant and harvest flowers and vegetables and learn about regenerative agriculture, and get some work done. Email us with any questions.